Wednesday, January 06, 2010

35 Weeks: Honeydew List

Happy Epiphany everyone! For those of you not in the know, January 6 is the feast of the Epiphany, marking the visit of the Magi (Wise Men) to baby Jesus, when he was 12 days old (no catered birth for Mary!). I think this is probably where we get 12 days of Christmas, but I was probably spacing out or faking sick when they covered that in Sunday School. Tonight we'll be feasting on some slow cooked beef with veggies and couscous. I'm breaking in my new Crock Pot from Santa (Yes, Mom, this is the same appliance you've been trying to get for me for the last 5 years, and once I was finally ready, Josh beat you to the punch!)

This is also the week that Keiki is supposed to be like a honeydew, and what better way to celebrate than with a recap of the “Honey Do” list, although in this case, most of the Honey doing is your friend Monkey Brain.
Moses Basket
Car Seat & Extra Base
Put together Ikea Hemnes dresser
Buy Dreft
Put clothes in dresser
Buy Pampers Swaddlers, Size 1
Buy linens for Jakey’s toddler bed (Thanks Jojo!)
Get credit for double-charged Hemes dresser
Wash 0-3 month clothes
Draft Birth Plan
Pre-register at hospital
Wash Jolly Jumper (to hold the Moses Basket like a cradle), which has been in the garage and needs some bleaching in case any rats rubbed against it.
Unearth Breast Pump
Make Josh check the baby tub in the garage for rats. If no rats, fully scrub the tub in case rats touched it.
Pack hospital bag .
As you can see, old MB has made some progress in the last week. Oh I’m sure I’ll be able to add to the list as I check things off, but so far, I’m feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment