Saturday, January 09, 2010

A Lovely Day

After the changing routine of holidays and baby prep, today we're back to a perfectly average, ordinary Saturday, and I love it. We went to Stroller Strides this morning, my first workout of 2010 and our first class since early December. We came home and had a little snack/lunch, put Jacob down for a nap, and I took a nice Epsom Salt bath to stave off soreness. I took a few moments to clean up, and I finally can see my living room floor, as well as most of my kitchen countertop and enough of my sink to not make me too overwhelmed.

I'm working from home starting on Monday (whohoo!) which means that while my Monkey Brain is saying laundry! trader joes! target!!!!, I know that life errands can wait for the week because I don't have a commute, and multitasking helps me focus. When I'm at home, I can fold laundry and talk on the phone at the same time, flit from task to task so that by the time Josh gets home with Jacob, the house is usually clean, my email/voicemails are clear, and dinner is on its way. Luckily, I have a boss who gets that and trusts me, and I am lucky that as long as the work gets done, everyone's happy, even if that means returning puzzles to their boxes during a conference call.

We'll see how things go with my current physical state, which doesn't allow me to motor through housework as well, but for now, I'm enjoying the moment. Josh and Jacob are both asleep, we're having visitors soon, and the sweet spell of being alone and writing will be broken. That will be okay, because writing about it now makes it seem less like a dream when I am negotiating dinner with my toddler who only wants yogurt & cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment