Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hungry

O.M.G.

I am so effing hungry right now. Internet, you do NOT know hunger until you experience pregnancy hunger. Pregnancy hunger is fast and ferocious, a lion that has just spent three hours running the African savannah. And if you even think of telling me that aren’t I overstating the case when I say that I might die of hunger right now, and my colleagues will find my slumped over my cubicle chair in front of this post? Well, I will take all of my renewed 2nd trimester energy and slap you upside the head, after which I may eat one of your limbs.

The problem with my pregnancy hunger is that while it feels like a lion, it’s really a bit of a lamb. If I eat how much I think may satisfy the beast within, I will have eaten too much and will spend the next few hours feeling like I’m going to throw up every organ in my body. The thing that helps is a very high maintenance solution: steady streams of food (protein is key), not too little, and not too much. My hunger is like Goldilocks, the fickle little scamp.

So why am I writing instead of foraging? Because when this ferocious hunger attacks (and seriously, it feels like going from full to empty in 20 seconds), my Monkey Brain goes crazy and starts chanting in a Cookie Monster voice, “Foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood” and that never ends well. So I am taking a moment to try and calm down MB before fetching a few items that I can eat in stages and hopefully I won’t collapse from over/under consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment