Sunday, October 04, 2009

Driven to Distraction

Lately I've been thinking about lots of things, none of which have to do with the fact that I'm going to be a mother of two in about four months. This is nothing new really. Right before going into induce labor for Jacob, I became obsessed with getting our house professionally cleaned and a video camera. Two years later I can't even find the charge cord for our video camera, and yesterday I let Jacob eat a dropped piece of toast w/cheese off our dining room floor (to be fair, I had just Swiffered).

It is much easier to focus on the little things that aren't necessarily relevant, than the BIG things coming our way. And 2 little kids is a VERY BIG THING. However, I don't think that this is a really bad thing. Then again, I've let my child eat food off the floor. I think that this can be a useful tool, especially since I am more aware know that this is just a tool, and I don't really need that thing that I'm obsessed with.

What BIG THING are you avoiding? Here are some things that are helping me get through my upcoming BIG THING:

1. I need a car with room enough to fit a BOB Duallie Jogger
2. Did Ed really cheat on Jillian from The Bachelorette?
3. I need a dishwasher
4. I need a new kitchen to match the dishwasher
5. My garage is a mess
6. My front door needs painting and weatherization
7. Who did let the dogs out? Who? Who?
8. Will Jacob ever stop saying "Say Please" instead of "Please"?

No comments:

Post a Comment