Thursday, September 10, 2009

18 Weeks: Tiny Bubbles

There’s a bit of Jacuzzi action going on in my belly, and I’m pretty sure that these are Keiki’s (placeholder until #2 makes his/her debut) first flutters. This must seem like a weird analogy, but it’s the best I can do. It really feels like bubbles or pins and needles rippling up my belly. For a while this morning, I kept thinking it was something else, because it feels more towards the outside, but maybe it’s just a ripple effect from Keiki’s tiny kicks from down below.

This is when the baby part of pregnancy starts to get real for me. I’ve had daily reminders of the alien invasion that is going on, but once the kid starts moving, it’s like they are communicating with me. This is my favorite part of pregnancy, the unspoken conversations that go on, which may (MOM, PLEASE stop with the spicy food!!) or may not (Hiccup!) mean anything.

The best is towards the end of pregnancy, when you can “wrestle”: knuckle into your baby and watch them writhe around, the outline of an elbow or hand changing the topography of your belly in a cool/scary sci-fi way, whoo boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment