Wednesday, September 02, 2009

17 Weeks: Life in the Chocolate Factory

My high school roommate, J, scared me off acid by telling me that a little bit would always remain in my spinal cord and potentially cause birth defects. (That's me, a good mama at 16!)

However, pregnancy is kind of an acid trip in itself. Case in point? I’m morphing into a 1971 movie character.

Exhibit A: Due to the nausea, I am constantly chewing cinnamon gum.

Exhibit B: My hands randomly turn blue/purple. My doctor says this is totally normal. Okkayyyyyy. . .

Exhibit C: My body (between my neck and my hips) is expanding like a balloon in a very uncomfortable manner. Definitely not like those cute pregnant ladies who look like they swallowed a small basketball.

Basically, I’m turning into Violet Beauregarde.

1 comment: