Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pregnancy Food(s) of the Week:

Apples: Jacob pregnancy flashback. I spent a couple of weeks during the summer of 2007 devouring pre-cut apples until I became suddenly disgusted by them. Right now, I’m enjoying their crisp, watery sweetness, while feeling some guilt that the organic Fugi that I just ate had to travel all the way from New Zealand to satisfy my preggo craving.
Oranges: Normally I hate orange juice and oranges, or at least am very picky about my citrus. Now, I’m eating 1 quartered orange/day. And they MUST be cold. Baby is very picky about da juice.
Turkey sub: this is another Jacob pregnancy flash back. I had a 6” turkey from the Caltrain station Subway several times a week before my commute home. I also had one every Sunday at about 2:30 pm while Josh and I visited open houses. This time around, I take BART from San Francisco and transfer to Caltrain, so no Subway. However, the other day I did my old commute and that turkey sub (wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, pickle, Swiss, red wine vinegar) was the best thing I have eaten all week.

What’s Not:
Beef Jerky: I thought it would appeal to my protein cravings, but it was like trying to eat a leather belt.
Organic Lemonade: Sorry Michael Pollan, it’s preservatives or bust for this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment