Friday, February 05, 2010

Calling All Moms!

Okay, so most of my thoughts lately have been something like this: Go, Keiki, go! Get outta there. When is that baby coming?

What I'm not doing is living in the moment. Right now, I have an amazing opportunity. I am on maternity leave, which means that I am being paid to be at home and wait for Keiki. Being paid means that I can afford to keep Jacob in daycare while I'm at home, not doing much.

I'm taking some advantage of this time off, getting the laundry done, cooking dinner, going to Stroller Strides, getting life errands done.

And yet.

This is the calm before the storm, and I feel like I'm not doing enough to savor this time. Right now, every weekday that goes by without Keiki is 10 hours of ME time. So moms out there, working or stay at home, let me be your proxy! What would you do if you had a whole day to yourself? The children are covered, you can't spend more than half of that time doing chores, and you have a budget of $20-$30. (Note that you are nine months pregnant in this fantasy) Would you go for a hike? Window shop? Take yourself to lunch? Mani-pedi?  Give me ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:29 AM

    I would spend the day at a book store and pick up a new book or kick my feet up and read at home OR go to the book store and get a book and then get a pedicure. I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old and me time is very limited...like right now. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete