Saturday, March 13, 2010

The problem with dvr

Well, for the most part, there is no problem, no problem what. so. ever. I mean, just last Sunday I was lovin' my Tivo as we rewound the moment when the crazy redhead charged the stage to Kanye the best documentary short acceptance speech. I mean, without Tivo, we would not have been able to see that OMG, they were RACING to the stage!! (Well, there's always Youtube, but you get my drift)

Sometimes however, you get backed up and so the water cooler moments lose their relevance. For example, tonight while we are watching one of the funniest hosts ever, Zach Galiafanakis, all I want to do is talk to someone around the watercooler about how funny he is and relive the moment when he says, "We've got a great show tonight; Hoobastank is here. . .no? Oh! Who is it?" And I'm all, Hoobastank?! This is a man after my own heart. I mean, on my celebrity crush list, homeless professor looking Zach just may have sailed past Jason Segel and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Alas, this episode is a week old, so my watercooler moment is gone. This is kind of like one of my favorite movies, Kicking and Screaming. Olivia D'Abo's character, Jane, keeps saying things like, "Oh hey, I thought of a comeback for that comment you made in class two weeks ago. . ." Yeah, it's kind of like that.

Internet? Thanks for being my watercooler.

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you on the zach front. i, too, have to watch things delayed and enjoyed the bejesus out of him. so effing good and WEIRD and original.

    ReplyDelete