Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pregnancy Dreams: 1 & 2

These aren't the first pregnancy dreams I've had, but this is the first time I'm logging these, and I like to count stuff.

Dream #1: The other night, I dreamed that Josh and I were separating. Now, status quo for my pregancies has been that he has the divorce dreams and I have dreams about dried up prune babies that I forget to feed for days on end, so this one shook me up.

In the dream, I said something like, "You know we haven't been getting along lately, why would you even want to be with me?" This is kind of true, since nausea and hormones haven't made me the most pleasant person to be around these days. All through the dream, I just thinking about how easy it was to get divorced while six months pregnant, and strategizing my next move without any emotion. WTF?

Dream #2 happened the same night as dream #1. Since I no longer sleep through the night, I usually remember a few dreams a night. Josh was kind of awake, and I mumbled, " I dreamed that we separated," before falling back asleep and dreaming of his death. Thanks hormones!!

So in Dream #2, Josh has a heart attack and dies, but somehow they revive him after he's been dead for a while. We then go on a plane, and my brother is there and asking if anyone has had a father die recently, so he can figure out what to say to Jacob. And I'm confused because I thought Josh was saved, but evidently it's just a brief reprieve and when the plane lands, he'll be dead again.

The plane lands and I'm trying to get all of our stuff together (I've somehow sat in 3 different seats during the flight) and get Jacob and his twin sister (instead of whatever is in mah belly) to my college dorm and I'm asking for help from friends that I haven't spoken with in over 5 years. Agh!

The upshot is that when I woke up all cranky today, I stayed by myself instead of releasing my evil pregnant twin on my sweet hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment