Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stage Dad?

We were in Target yesterday (maternity pants, graham crackers, CFLs, compost pail) and I sent Josh to look at the fan selection, since it was 2 million degrees in our house. Josh was lingering by these other customers in front of the fans, smirking, and whatever spousal telepathic message he was trying to send, I was not getting it.

He comes back and says, "That woman is a talent agent, talking to those kids over there. " He lingered a bit more, and then the "talent agent" comes up the aisle, and passes by, giving a polite smile at the wierd lurkers just hangin' in the home goods section like idiots. Josh decided that she was a total scam artist, because a real talent agent would have been struck by Jacob's Gerber baby looks. While I shrugged off his umbrage with a laugh, I was secretly very pleased by his reaction. It doesn't happen often, but I do love it when I'm not the crazy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment