Sunday, August 30, 2009

Why Stoop?

You may be wondering why this blog is called The Stoop. And by you, I mean the 0 people who read this because I'm too afraid to actually let anyone know that I'm blogging. But by you, I also mean the potential readers who will be coming soon. Yeah, I read The Secret!

Anyway, I've always had a thing for stoops. During college and for a couple of years after, I spent way too many hours on stoops, smoking and watching the world pass by. I loved smoking and watching, having random conversations with people that only happened because I was sitting on the stoop.

My sophmore year of college (Eliot House, D entryway), my future friend P (entryway F? J? Can't remember) and I would often be on the same smoking schedule, each too shy to leave our stoops to introduce ourselves. I think that we each decided that the other was a snob, until we met at my 21st birthday party and pronounced ourselves friends. It was kind of like that syndrome where commuters spend years of their lives ignoring one another while standing side by side on the same track, but if they were to run into each other in Tokyo or something, they would greet each other warmly as they would an old college friend. Yeah, it was kind of like that.

Anyway, I love stoops. I love watching the world, and now I'm trying to take all the observations out of my head and see if anyone else finds them interesting. Hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment