Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Boom!

When I was pregnant with Jacob, many of my friends were still riding the “Getting Married” wave, and not quite ready to start popping out babies. My imagination spun to the future, to a world in which 18-year-old Jacob was introducing all my college friends’ tweeners to cursing, cigarettes and booze. This is what my Monkey Brain likes to do.

When we started thinking about Number Two this spring, I hoped that some of my friends would join the party. And then I found out my friend S was pregnant (due in December). And then I got pregnant (February). And then, the dominoes started to fall. My friends A, M, Rufus and Dr. L are due in April and May, and I hope the trend continues!

While we don’t live in the same city, and in some cases not even the same state, I feel glad to be going through this with some of my favorite ladies. So friends, I raise a glass of sparkling apple juice in your honor, and wish you healthy ultrasounds and a poop-free delivery!

XO Monkey Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment